The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, is certainly top of mind. First and foremost, we hope that you, your family and friends are safe and healthy.
Sometimes vehicles need attention or replacing, regardless of world events. On behalf of the Jack Carter Auto Group, we want to share with you our Health and Safety Action Plan to help protect all guests and staff at each one of our locations. While no cases of COVID-19 have been reported at any of our dealerships, our company is committed to a rigorous and proactive strategy.
We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a healthy, safe and responsible environment for all.
COVID-19: Health and Safety Action Plan:
- We have a group Health and Safety Officer whose role is to ensure a safe and healthy environment based on best standards and practices at all of our dealerships. They are monitoring and implementing all recommendations made by the appropriate government health agencies.
- Guest vehicles for service are outfitted with steering wheel covers and seat protectors prior to maintenance or repair work and all technicians are required to wear disposable gloves to work on vehicles.
- Technicians are required to disinfect vehicles prior to the vehicle entering the service department.
- Service consultants are required to disinfect vehicles prior to returning a vehicle to a customer after a service visit.
- Shuttle drivers are required to disinfect all vehicles prior to customer pickup.
- Dealership staff are required to frequently disinfect all customer and employee facing surfaces.
- Salespeople are required to disinfect all vehicles prior to a demonstration drive.
- We have significantly increased the disinfection of washrooms and high traffic areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers are available for staff and guests throughout the dealerships.
- We have instituted travel advisories and travel return policies and will continue to revise these as necessary based on Alberta and BC Health recommendations.
- Staff exhibiting symptoms are advised to stay home and if staff begin exhibiting symptoms during work hours, they will be immediately removed from the work environment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these rapidly changing times. I am optimistic that our collective efforts will address the challenges that this unique situation presents. We remain open for business to assist you with your automotive needs.
On behalf of everyone at the Jack Carter Auto Group, I look forward to welcoming you to our dealerships.
Stay healthy and safe,
President and Managing Partner