How to Increase the Value of Your Trade-In
Tips To Increase Vehicle Trade-In Value
One of the easiest ways to lower the cost of a vehicle you want to buy is to trade in the vehicle you’re currently driving and use that money towards the purchase of your new vehicle. Trading in a vehicle is easy, but getting the most money possible for it requires a well-planned out strategy. The next time you’re in the market for a newer and more reliable vehicle that can offer you the qualities you want on the road, consider trading in the vehicle you’re driving to help lower the cost of the vehicle you want to buy. Below, you’ll find the top five tips on how to increase the value of the vehicle you want to trade in so you can get the most money for it.
5 Steps to Get the Most Money for Your Trade-In
- Research the Value of Your Vehicle. Knowing the value of the vehicle you want to trade in is extremely important as this gives you a baseline to start with. To do so, conduct a little research to learn more about the value of your vehicle. Dealerships such as Jack Carter Chevrolet Buick GMC offer a convenient and easy-to-use free online tool that gives you an appraisal for your trade-in.
- Repair Mechanical Problems. To help get the most money for your trade-in, you should fix any major or minor mechanical problems that could affect the value of your vehicle. Doing so will help you get the most money for your trade-in as the dealership won’t have to pay for those repairs.
- Clean Your Vehicle. Cleaning your vehicle can go a long way when it comes to getting a fair trade-in value. You’ll want to clean both the exterior and interior of your vehicle to make it look its best. A little curb appeal can help increase the value of your trade-in.
- Get Multiple Quotes For Your Trade-In. Once your vehicle is all cleaned up and its mechanical problems are taken care of, it’s now time to start shopping it around to learn how much it’s worth. Consider stopping by Jack Carter Chevrolet Buick GMC to get the most money for your vehicle trade-in.
- Negotiate Trade-In Separately. Negotiating your trade-in separately when buying a new vehicle can help you get the most money for your vehicle. Once you get an offer, get the trade-in offer in writing.
If you’re ready to trade in your vehicle and get behind the wheel of a newer and more reliable car, SUV or pickup truck that has what you’re looking for, please visit or contact Jack Carter Chevrolet Buick GMC, today, to speak with one of our helpful and friendly sales professionals.