5 Things to Know Before You Get Your Next Oil Change
Oil Change Tips
New cars have become much more sophisticated over the years and so has their maintenance. Even with all the changes being made to vehicles’ engines, one thing has remained the same and that is an oil change. An oil change is one the most important regularly scheduled maintenance procedures you can do for your vehicle if you want it to continue to give you the reliability and performance you need on the road. If you’re not sure why your vehicle needs an oil change or what getting one actually does, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to learn more about the top five things you should know before getting your next oil change.
[You May Also Like: Is It Better To Get An Oil Change At A Dealership?]
Top 5 Things to Know About Oil Changes
- How Often Does Your Vehicle Need an Oil Change? The oil change interval has changed over the years thanks to advances in technology and engine design. Now, you don’t have to change your vehicle’s engine oil as often as you used to. Every vehicle is different when it comes to changing oil, so be sure to check your owner’s manual for the suggested oil change interval.
- How Often Should You Check Your Engine Oil? With newer and more advanced engine designs, you no longer need to change your oil as often. But, you do still need to check your oil on occasion, especially if your vehicle does not alert you if your oil level gets low. Many mechanics suggest that you check your engine oil level at least once a month to ensure that it is at a safe level.
- When Should You Get an Oil Change? Engine oil needs to be replaced when it gets old and begins to break down to ensure that it continues to deliver the protection your engine needs. The best way to know when your specific vehicle needs an oil change is check its owner’s manual for the recommended oil change interval.
- What Kind of Engine Oil Should You Use? To know exactly what type of engine oil your vehicle needs, you’ll have to check your owner’s manual for the information as it will tell you what the recommended oil is.
- Does Your Vehicle Need Synthetic Engine Oil? There are many benefits to choosing synthetic engine oil when getting an oil change, but not every vehicle needs it. Only use synthetic oil if your vehicle’s manufacturer recommends using it.
If you have any questions about oil changes or would like to schedule an appointment to have your engine oil changed, please contact Jack Carter Chev, today, and we’ll be happy to help.