Exploring the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 & Sierra HD AT4 Trims
Your windshield wiper blades work hard (especially with the weather here in Alberta) and therefore accumulate a lot of damage over time. So, how much time do they have? That depends on a few factors. We’ve broken down exactly what can impact the lifespan of your wiper blades and what to know about replacing them.
What is GMC’s AT4 Trim?
The AT4 trim (now available for the entire 2022 pickup truck and SUV lineup) is GMC’s off-road-focused “sub-brand”. It takes off-roading capability to the next level with enhanced performance features for braving challenging terrain and adds some rugged good looks to these vehicles. So, what can you expect from the 2022 Sierra 1500 AT4 and the 2022 Sierra HD AT4? Let’s dive in!
Sierra 1500 AT4 Design & Features
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 is a fantastic option for pickup truck enthusiasts who are searching for unadulterated capability and more high-tech features for elevated convenience and comfort. The AT4 trim of the Sierra 1500 delivers a wealth of both. The AT4 brings a bolder, more adventurous aesthetic to this truck as well. The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4-exclusive features include:
- 4-inch diagonal centre console touchscreen
- 3-inch diagonal digital Driver Information Centre
- Extra, tactful cabin storage and available premium floor liners
Sierra 1500 AT4 Performance
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 comes standard with a formidable 3.0L Duramax® Turbo Diesel engine or an available 6.2L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission. Add a towing capacity of up to 13,000 lbs (5897 kg) with the 4WD diesel option and you’ve got a wilderness vehicle to be reckoned with. The Sierra 1500 AT4 also offers:
- Available ProGrade™ Trailering System (smart trailering technology)
- 2-inches of extra off-road suspension
- Monotube Rancho® shocks
- Mud terrain-rated Goodyear® Wrangler tires
Sierra HD AT4 Design & Features
Meanwhile, the 2022 GMC Sierra HD has a “Best-in-class” list that rivals any competition. This preeminent heavy-duty pickup truck represents the height of rugged power and off-road capability. So, when GMC decided to give it an AT4 upgrade it wasn’t just a facelift. Along with a larger grille, front fascia, red highlights, and athletic stance, the Sierra HD AT4 also bring:
- The world’s first six-function Multipro™ tailgate (offers 6 convenience features never before seen on a pickup truck)
- Available Transparent Trailer View
- The most crew cab front & led room in its class
Sierra HD AT4 Performance
This trim comes standard with an impressive 6.6L V8 engine (6-speed automatic transmission) and an available 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 engine with Allison®-branded 10-speed automatic transmission. The Duramax option packs 445 maximum horsepower and up to 910 lb-ft of torque. If that’s not enough to get you through the most mountainous of terrains, the Duramax also features a diesel after-run function and exhaust brake system. Tow up to 21,130 lbs (9584 kg) of gear while you’re at it. Other performance features of this exclusive trim include:
- High-strength chassis and suspension system: creates more torque and power for towing and off-roading adventures
- 10-inches of ground clearance
- Twin-Tube Rancho® shocks
Which Features do the Sierra 1500 AT4 & Sierra HD AT4 Have In Common?
Now that we’ve covered what distinguishes these two powerful pickup trucks in the AT4 trim, it's time to review what they both offer. Many of these elements are standard or available with the AT4 trim across the full AT4 vehicle lineup. However, some of these features are only suitable for the power can capability of a GMC pickup truck!
- 18-inch aluminium wheels with all-terrain Blackwall tires or mud terrain-rated Goodyear® Wrangler tires
- Rear differential and underbody skid plates (with automatic locking)
- Hill Descent Control
- 2-speed AutoTrac™ transfer case
- Unique, wraparound headlamps & tail lamps
- Signature AT4 badging
- Jet Black interior with Kalahari accents
- Exterior black chrome accents
- Vertical red recovery hooks
- Heated & ventilated perforated front leather seating
- 20-inch aluminium wheels
- Black-gloss finishes/accents/grilles/wheels
- Multicolour 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display
- High Definition Surround Vision with up to 15 camera views
The AT4 has truly taken the Sierra 1500 and Sierra HD to new heights (sometimes literally) as the new GMC off-roading royalty. If you’d like to learn more about these two impressive trailblazing pickup trucks, or any vehicle in GMC’s new AT4 lineup, give us a call or stop by Jack Carter Chevrolet. Our staff are more than happy to help you navigate the details, options, and specifications so you can drive home happy.