Exploring the 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 Trim
Chevy’s first-ever Silverado ZR2 trim has dropped and is taking off-road capability to the next level. This trim level is designed for more extreme off-roading and outdoor adventures with ZR2-exclusive performance packages and an unmistakable design. With the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 now available at Jack Carter Chevrolet, we thought it would be a good idea to give you a breakdown of this impressive version of the acclaimed full-size pickup truck.
What to Expect from the 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
The ZR2 trim isn’t just off-road-focused; its chassis and exterior augmentations are built for the most extreme off-road circumstances and even crisis situations. A 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine sits under the hood packing 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque while an Electronic Transmission Range Selector partners with its 10-speed automatic transmission. The ZR2 also uses a 2-speed transfer case enhanced with an automatic Terrain Mode function and sports larger underbody aluminium skid plates for extra protection from unforgiving terrain. If you’re looking for muscle, the Silverado ZR2 can also haul up to 8,900 lbs (4036.9 kg).
The ZR2 trim of the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado instantly takes command of the road and trails with its aggressive stance and trim-exclusive characteristics.
- 18-inch aluminium machined-face wheels (black spokes & gold painted outer-ring accents)
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory Mud Terrain tires
- ZR2-exclusive wheel flares
- Raised hood with chiselled black insert
- Redesigned black chrome grille
- Chevrolet flowtie & accent lighting
- Redesigned, animated LED Headlamps
The ZR2 trim’s interior underwent a complete overhaul from the base model in order to achieve a more driver-centric cabin and improved functionality. The ZR2-exclusive interior design also includes:
- 13.4-inch diagonal infotainment touchscreen
- 12.3-inch diagonal Driver Information Centre
- Perforated leather seating surfaces
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Slick dark trim with silver accents
- Wide centre console with a larger storage bin
- Wood surfaces
- 7-speaker Bose Premium Sound System
- T-shaped electronic shifter
- Bed View Camera
ZR2 Suspension Package
Along with its incredibly smooth steering, tight handling, and comprehensive approach to off-roading performance needs, the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 also features a high-performance lifted suspension system. Perhaps the most exciting addition to the ZR2, this system includes:
- Silverado’s first 40mm Multimatic DSSV™ Dampers for exceptional stability, cornering, and traction, even when dramatic manoeuvres are required.
- Front and Rear Electronic Locking Differentials for directing maximum torque where it’s needed the most and allowing you to take on the wildest terrain Alberta has to offer.
- An Off-Road Cut Front Bumper for outstanding durability and clearance with an enhanced 31-degree approach angle.
Just when we thought Chevrolet’s best-selling full-size pickup truck couldn’t get any more rugged or powerful, the ZR2 rolls in with unprecedented levels of off-roading advantages and capability. From its Formula 1-inspired chassis enhancements to its bold style and luxury interior upgrades, the ZR2 is wowing Silverado and off-roading fans across the board. If you’d like to further explore the new 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 come visit us at Jack Carter Chevrolet, Calgary’s home for everything Buick, Chevrolet, and GMC.